Donald W. Reynolds Meeting Room Policy
The Donald W. Reynolds Community Center and Library has an exceptional meeting facility designed to accommodate a variety of meeting and event needs. There are two large meeting rooms, a computer lab, conference room, children’s story center and three small group rooms. The large meeting rooms make this facility suitable for conferences, seminars, workshops, banquets, receptions, showers, and small conventions. Large room amenities include: wireless internet, sound system, tables, chairs, laptops, multimedia projector, projection screens, and teleconference capabilities. The storage room will be available for groups wanting to serve food.
|Meeting Room Information and Fees||Fees Per - 4 –Hour period||Food/Beverages|
|Study Rooms 1,2,3||Available only during library hours||6-12||No fee||No fee||no|
|Children’s Story Room||Available only during library hours||77**||No fee||$50||
|Conference Room||Available only during library hours||20||No fee||$50||Yes/limited|
|Black Box Theatre||Security Fee accessed for use after library hours||200**||$250.00||$250.00||
|CC Meeting Room||Security Fee accessed for use after library hours||96**||$125.00||$125.00||
|Computer Lab||Instructional Lab||24||$125.00||$125.00||
|Room Deposit||Refundable if rooms are left clean and in order.||$200.00||$200.00|
|Technical Equipment|| Teleconference equipment
|Laptops and multimedia projectors||$25 Set-up fee||$25.00|
**Maximum capacity (chairs only). Capacity can vary depending upon room configuration with furniture.
- Resident is defined as someone who lives in Bryan County. Non-residents will be charged an additional $25 room usage fee.
- Groups meeting after normal library hours will be charged $25 per hour for security.
- Hourly meeting room fees will be assessed based on the time scheduled. If use of a room exceeds time scheduled, additional fees will be assessed.
- Groups should notify the Library of an event cancellation no later than 3 days in advance. Failure to do so may result in loss of deposit.
- Deposit is due at time of booking rooms. Usage fees are due before event.
- Refund of deposits will be made after verification that the meeting room used is clean, in order and has no damages.
Meeting Room Guidelines:
- Unlawful, hazardous or dangerous activities are prohibited in the Library. No open flames of any kind are allowed: for example, candles, pyrotechnics, lighters, matches, etc. No alcoholic beverages. No tobacco products.
- Groups using meeting rooms assume full responsibility for any damage to the room or contents. Beverages or foods which may stain the carpeting such as red or purple punch should not be served. No bleach may be used in cleaning rooms. Meeting rooms should be left in a neat and orderly condition. If not, notice will be given to the group that a second offense may result in being denied further use of the Library meeting rooms. Part or all of the deposit may be forfeited. Fees incurred as a result of damage will be determined by the Library Director in consultation with the Library maintenance staff. Reconfiguration of the meeting rooms may result in additional fees.
- Library and City programs are given precedence when booking the meeting room. The Library reserves the right to reschedule other meetings when the room is needed for the Library or the City.
- The meeting rooms will not be reserved to groups for activities that are likely to disturb regular library functions.
- The booking group is responsible for arranging the room to meet its needs, returning the room to its original arrangement, leaving the room in a neat, clean and orderly condition, reimbursing the library for any special cleaning needed and /or repair or replacement of library property or equipment.
- Light refreshments may be served in conference room and story rooms inside the library.
- Use of a library meeting room by a group or organization is not an endorsement from the Library or City.
- Groups using the meeting rooms are responsible for providing their own refreshments and supplies such as note paper, flip chart pads, pencils, etc. Only dry erase markers provided by the Library may be used on marker boards in the conference rooms.
- No additional furniture or equipment other than that furnished by the Library is to be used without advance approval. Any outside furniture or equipment approved for use should be removed from the Library at the end of the meeting. Groups wanting to leave equipment in building overnight will need to sign a release form.
- No food or drinks will be allowed in the Computer Lab.
- Library staff will set up all equipment, such as teleconferencing equipment and multimedia projectors.
- Neither the name nor the address of the Library may be used as the official address or headquarters of any organization.
- Meeting at the Library does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies or beliefs.
- The Public Library and the City of Durant shall be held harmless from any injuries or accidents arising out of any group or individual’s use of its facilities.
- Violation of these guidelines may result in revocation of meeting room use.
Simple decorations may be set up in the room for a meeting or exhibit, but nothing may be hung which will mark the wall, floor, or ceiling. The group displaying them must remove all decorations and /or exhibits. No hay in allowed in the meeting rooms. All decorations should be removed at the end of the rental period.
Library meeting rooms are available during the following hours, excluding Library holidays. It is suggested that arrangements to conclude your program be made at least 15 minutes prior to the closing of the Library.
Library Meeting Room Hours:
Monday – Thursday 9:00 am – 8:00 pm Friday & Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Groups needing security or meeting after library hours will be charged a security fee of $25 per hour.*City Ordinance No. 1679 Prohibits the Use of Tobacco at City Owned or Operated Properties.