Upcoming Blood Drives at the library. Call 580-924-3486 for info or to book.
June 22, 2022
June 30, 2022
July 11, 2022
July 19, 2022
We’re getting the word out about FCC’s Emergency Broadband Benefit. Having a broadband connection is a must for households get access to jobs, healthcare services, virtual classrooms, and so much more. Enrollment starts May 12.
What is the Emergency Broadband Benefit?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) is a temporary FCC program to help families and households struggling to afford broadband internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The benefit offers:
- Up to $50 per month discount for broadband service
- Up to $75 per month discount for households on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet bought through a participating provider if the household contributes more than $10 but less than $50 toward the purchase price.
Limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Who Can Apply
A household is eligible if someone in the household meets one of these criteria:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline.
- Gets benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program or did so in the 2019-2020 school year.
- Got a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Had a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
Learn more: FAQs for Emergency Broadband Benefit
3 Ways to Apply
- Contact your preferred participating broadband provider directly to learn about their application process. See Providers in Oklahoma: Emergency Broadband Benefit Providers in Oklahoma
- Go to GetEmergencyBroadband.org to apply online.
- Call 833-511-0311 for a mail-in application, and return it with proof of eligibility to:
Emergency Broadband Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
Questions and Answers about the Broadband Benefit
Do I get the Funds Each Month?
No, the participating broadband provider will get the funds directly from the EBB program.
Which Providers are Participating?
Broadband providers choose whether or not to participate. See a list of Providers in Oklahoma.
Will I Be Automatically Billed at Higher Rates if the Program Ends?
No. Households will need to opt-in to keep their service once the EBB program ends.
See more questions and answers: FAQs for Emergency Broadband Benefit
2020 Tax Prep Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 am to 5 pm. AARP Foundation Tax Aide
WEATHER PERMITTING – This program is run by volunteers with AARP & SE.
You can come by the drive thru window or the west entrance to pick up the intake form which you will fill out and it will let you know what you need to bring for filing.
The SW entrance for the theater is where you will enter to sign in and check about your session.
We are not doing appointments but there is a list to get on so they will call you when they are ready for you.
You will NOT be allowed to wait inside the library’s lobby/cafe area due to COVID restrictions imposed by the City of Durant, AARP, & the IRS.
Call 580-924-3486 press 1 for details.